1. Alvesson, M. (2000), "Social identity and the problem of loyalty in
knowledge-intensive companies", Journal of Management Studies, Vol. 37 No.8,
2. Amabile, T.M. (1988), "A model of creativity and innovation in
organizations", in Shaw, B.M., Cummings, L.L. (Eds),Research in
Organizational Behavior, Vol. Vol. 10 pp.123-67.
3. Amabile, T.M., Schatzel, E.A., Moneta, G.B., Kramer, S.J. (2004), "Leader
behaviors and the work environment for creativity: perceived leader
support", Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 15 No.1, pp.5-32.
4. Anderson, N.R., de Dreu, C.K.W., Nijstad, B.A. (2004), "The routinization
of innovation research: a constructively critical review of the
state-of-the-science", Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol. 25 No.2,
5. Andrews, F.M., Farris, G.F. (1967), "Supervisory practices and innovation
in scientific teams", Personnel Psychology, Vol. 20 pp.497-515.
6. Anxo, D., Storrie, D. (2001), The Job Creation Potential of the Service
Sector in Europe, XXX, Luxembourg, EC, .
7. Axtell, C.M., Holman, D.J., Unsworth, K.L., Wall, T.D., Waterson, P.E.,
Harrington, E. (2000), "Shopfloor innovation: facilitating the suggestion
and implementation of ideas", Journal of Occupational & Organizational
Psychology, Vol. 73 pp.265-85.
8. Barnowe, J.T. (1975), "Leadership and performance outcomes in research
organizations", Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, Vol. 14
9. Basadur, M. (2004), "Leading others to think innovatively together:
creative leadership", Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 15 No.1, pp.103-21.
10. Bass, B.M. (1985), Leadership and Performance Beyond Expectations, The
Free Press, New York, NY.
11. Basu, R., Green, S.G. (1997), "Leader-member exchange and
transformational leadership: an empirical examination of innovative
behaviors in leader-member dyads", Journal of Applied Social Psychology,
Vol. 27 No.6, pp.477-99.
12. Boer, H., Gieskes, J. (1998), Continuous Improvement – From Idea to
Reality, Twente University Press, Enschede.
13. Brand, A. (1998), "Knowledge management and innovation at 3M", Journal
of Knowledge Management, Vol. 2 No.1, pp.179-84.
14. Bryman, A. (1992), Charisma and Leadership in Organizations, Sage,
15. Churchill, G.A. (1999), Marketing Research: Methodological Foundations,
The Dryden Press, Forth Worth.
16. Cooper, R.G. (2003), "Profitable product innovation: the critical
success factors", in Shavinina, L.V. (Eds),The International Handbook on
Innovation, Elsevier Science, Barking, pp.139-57.
17. Den Hartog, D.N. (1997), Inspirational Leadership, Ipskamp, Enschede, .
18. Den Hartog, D.N., Koopman, P.L. (2001), "Leadership in organizations",
in Anderson, N., Ones, D.S., Kepir-Sinangil, H., Viswesvaran, C.
(Eds),PsyHandbook of Industrial, Work and Organizational Chology, Sage,
London, Vol. Vol. 2.
19. Dorenbosch, L., van Engen, M., Verhagen, M. (2005), "On-the-job
innovation: the impact of job design and human resource management through
production ownership", Creativity and Innovation Management, Vol. 14 No.2,
20. Ehigie, B.O., Akpan, R.C. (2004), "Roles of perceived leadership styles
and rewards in the practice of total quality management", Leadership &
Organization Development Journal, Vol. 25 No.1, pp.24-40.
21. Eisenberger, R., Cameron, J. (1996), "Detrimental effects of reward:
reality or myth?", American Psychologist, Vol. 51 pp.1153-66.
22. Eisenhardt, K.M. (1989), "Building theories from case study research",
Academy of Management Review, Vol. 14 No.4, pp.532-50.
23. Ekvall, G., Ryhammer, L. (1999), "The creative climate: its determinants
and effects at a Swedish university", Creativity Research Journal, Vol. 12
24. Elfring, T. (2003), "Intrapreneurship: corporate ondernemerschap en
venturing", in Risseeuw, P., Thurik, R. (Eds),Handboek ondernemers en
adviseurs: management en economie van het midden- en kleinbedrijf (Handbook
Entrepreneurs and Advisors: Management and Economics of SMEs), Deventer,
25. Evangelista, R. (2000), "Sectoral patterns of technological change in
services", Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Vol. 9 pp.183-221.
26. Farr, F., Ford, C. (1990), "Individual innovation", in West, M.A., Farr,
J.L. (Eds),Innovation and Creativity at Work: Psychological and
Organisational Strategies, Wiley, Chichester, .
27. Frischer, J. (1993), "Empowering management in new product development
units", Journal of Product Innovation Management, Vol. 10 pp.393-401.
28. Gebert, D., Boerner, S., Lanwehr, R. (2003), "The risks of autonomy:
empirical evidence for the necessity of a balance management in promoting
organizational innovativeness", Creativity and Innovation Management, Vol.
12 No.1, pp.41-9.
29. Graen, G., Scandura, T. (1987), "Towards a psychology of dyadic
organizing", in Cummings, L.L., Staw, B.M. (Eds),Research in Organizational
Behavior, JAI Press, Greenwich, CT, Vol. Vol. 9 pp.175-208.
30. Harborne, P., Johne, A. (2003), "Creating a project climate for
successful product innovation", European Journal of Innovation Management,
Vol. 6 No.2, pp.118-32.
31. Hellström, C., Hellström, T. (2002), "Highways, alleys and by-lanes:
charting the pathways for ideas and innovation in organizations", Creativity
and Innovation Management, Vol. 11 No.2, pp.107-14.
32. Hislop, D. (2005), Knowledge Management in Organizations – A Critical
Introduction, Oxford University Press, Oxford, .
33. Hitt, M.A., Hoskisson, R.E., Johnson, R.A., Moesel, D.D. (1996), "The
market for corporate control and firm innovation", Academy of Management
Journal, Vol. 39 pp.1084-196.
34. Hounsell, E.A. (1992), "Invention in the industrial research laboratory:
individual act or collective process", in Weber, R.J., Perkins, D.N.
(Eds),Inventive Minds: Creativity in Technology, Oxford University Press,
New York, NY, pp.273-91.
35. Hurt, H., Joseph, K., Cook, C. (1977), "Scale for the measurement of
innovativeness", Human Communication Research, Vol. 4 pp.58-65.
36. Imai, M. (1986), Kaizen: The Key to Japan's Competitive Success,
McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, .
37. Janssen, O. (2000), "Job demands, perceptions of effort-reward fairness,
and innovative work behavior", Journal of Occupational & Organizational
Psychology, Vol. 73 pp.287-302.
38. Janssen, O., van Yperen, N.W. (2004), "Employees' goal orientations, the
quality of leader-member exchange, and the role of job performance and job
satisfaction", Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 47 No.3, pp.368-84.
39. Jaussi, K.S., Dionne, S.D. (2003), "Leading for creativity: the role of
unconventional leader behavior", Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 14 No.4/5,
40. Judge, W.Q., Gryxell, G.E., Dooley, R.S. (1997), "The new task of R&D
management: creating goal-directed communities for innovation", California
Management Review, Vol. 39 pp.72-85.
41. Kahai, S.S., Sosik, J.J., Avolio, B.J. (2003), "Effects of leadership
style, anonymity, and rewards on creativity-relevant processes and outcomes
in an electronic meeting system context", Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 14
42. Katz, D. (1964), "The motivational basis of organizational behavior",
Behavioral Science, Vol. 9 pp.131-3.
43. King, N., Anderson, N. (2002), Managing Innovation and Change: A
Critical Guide for Organizations, Thomson, London, .
44. Kirkman, B.L., Den Hartog, D.N. (2004), "Team performance management",
in Lane, H., Maznevski, M., Mendenhall, M., McNett, J. (Eds),Handbook of
Cross-Cultural Management, Blackwell Publishers, Malden, MA, .
45. Kotter, J.P. (1990), A Force for Change: How Leadership Differs from
Management, The Free Press, New York, NY, .
46. Krause, D.E. (2004), "Influence-based leadership as a determinant of the
inclination to innovate and of innovation-related behaviors: an empirical
investigation", Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 15 No.1, pp.79-102.
47. Leonard, D., Swap, W. (2005), When Sparks Fly: Harnessing the Power of
Group Creativity, Harvard Business Publishers, Cambridge, .
48. McAdam, R., McClelland, J. (2002), "Individual and team-based idea
generation within innovation management: organizational and research
agendas", European Journal of Innovation Management, Vol. 5 No.2, pp.86-97.
49. McLoughlin, I., Harris, M. (1997), Innovation, Organizational Change and
Technology, Thompson, London, .
50. Mumford, M.D. (2000), "Managing creative people: strategies and tactics
for innovation", Human Resources Management Review, Vol. 10 No.3, pp.313-51.
51. Mumford, M.D. (2003), "Where have we been, where are we going? Taking
stock in creativity research", Creativity Research Journal, Vol. 15 No.2/3,
52. Mumford, M.D., Licuanan, B. (2004), "Leading for innovation:
conclusions, issues, and directions", Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 15 No.1,
53. Mumford, M.D., Scott, G.M., Gladdis, B., Strange, J.M. (2002), "Leading
creative people: orchestrating expertise and relationships", Leadership
Quarterly, Vol. 13 pp.705-50.
54. Nijhof, A., Krabbendam, K., Looise, J.K. (2002), "Innovation through
exemptions: building upon the existing creativity of employees",
Technovation, Vol. 22 No.11, pp.675-83.
55. Olham, G.R., Cummings, A. (1996), "Employee creativity: personal and
contextual factors at work", Academy of Management Journal, Vol., Vol. 39
56. Pavitt, K. (1984), "Sectoral patterns of technical change: towards a
taxonomy and a theory", Research Policy, Vol. 13 pp.343-73.
57. Redmond, M.R., Mumford, M.D., Teach, R.J. (1993), "Putting creativity to
work: leader influences on subordinate creativity", Organizational Behavior
and Human Decision Processes, Vol. 55 pp.120-51.
58. Ruigrok, W., Achtenhagen, L., Rügg-Stürm, J., Wagner, M. (2000), "Hilti
AG: shared leadership and the rise of the communication organization", in
Pettigrew, A., Fenton, E. (Eds),The Innovating Organization, Sage, London, .
59. Scott, S.G., Bruce, R.A. (1994), "Determinants of innovative behavior: a
path model of individual innovation in the workplace", Academy of Management
Journal, Vol. 38 pp.1442-65.
60. Senge, P. (1990), The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the
Learning Organization, Doubleday, New York, NY, .
61. Shalley, C.E. (1991), "Effects of productivity goals, creativity goals,
and personal discretion on individual creativity", Journal of Applied
Psychology, Vol. 76 pp.179-85.
62. Shalley, C.E., Gilson, L.L. (2004), "What leaders need to know: a review
of social and contextual factors that can foster or hinder creativity",
Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 15 No.1, pp.33-54.
63. Shalley, C.E., Perry-Smith, J.E. (2001), "Perry-Smith Effects of
social-psychological factors on creative performance: the role of
informational and controlling expected evaluation and modelling experience",
Organizational Behaviour and Human Decision Processes, Vol. 84 pp.1-22.
64. Shane, S. (2003), A General Theory of Entrepreneurship: The
Individual-Opportunity Nexus, Edward Elgar, Aldershot, .
65. Shin, S.J., Zhou, J. (2003), "Transformational leadership, conservation,
and creativity: evidence from Korea", Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 46
66. Smith, G.P. (2002), "The new leader: bringing creativity and innovation
to the workplace", Chart Your Course, Conyers, Georgia, .
67. Sosik, J.J., Kahai, S.S., Avolio, B.J. (1998), "Transformational
leadership and dimensions of creativity: motivating idea generation in
computer-mediated groups", Creativity Research Journal, Vol. 11 pp.111-21.
68. Speller, K.G., Schumacher, G.M. (1975), "Age and set in creative test
performance", Psychological Reports, Vol. 36 pp.447-50.
69. Strauss, A.L., Corbin, J. (1990), Basics of Qualitative Research:
Grounded Theory Procedures and Techniques, Sage, London, .
70. Sundbo, J. (1996), "The balancing of empowerment: a strategic resource
based model of organizing innovation activities in service and low-tech
firms", Technovation, Vol. 16 No.8, pp.397-409.
71. Tesluk, P.E., Farr, J.L., Klein, S.R. (1997), "Influences of
organisational culture and climate on individual creativity", Journal of
Creative Behaviour, Vol. 31 No.1, pp.27-41.
72. Tierney, P., Farmer, S.M., Graen, G.B. (1999), "An examination of
leadership and employee creativity: the relevance of traits and
relationships", Personnel Psychology, Vol. 52 pp.591-620.
73. Unsworth, K.L., Parker, S.K. (2003), "Proactivitiy and innovation:
promoting a new workforce for the new workplace", in Holman, T., Wall, T.D.,
Clegg, C.W., Sparrow, P., Howard, A. (Eds),The New Workplace: A Guide to the
Human Impact of Modern Work Practices, Wiley, Chichester, pp.175-96.
74. Van de Ven, A. (1986), "Central problems in the management of
innovation", Management Science, Vol. 32 pp.590-607.
75. Von Hippel, E. (2005), Democratizing Innovation, MIT Press, Cambridge,
76. West, M.A. (1987), "A measure of role innovation at work", British
Journal of Social Psychology, Vol. 6 pp.83-5.
77. West, M.A. (2002), "Sparkling fountains or stagnant ponds: an
integrative model of creativity and innovation implementation in work
groups", Applied Psychology: An International Review, Vol. 51 No.3,
78. West, M.A., Farr, J.L. (1990), "Innovation at work", in West, M.A.,
Farr, J.L. (Eds),Innovation and Creativity at Work: Psychological and
Organisational Strategies, Wiley, Chichester, pp.3-13.
79. West, M.A., Wallace, M. (1992), "Innovation in health care systems",
European Journal of Social Psychology, Vol. 21 pp.303-15.
80. Yin, R.K. (1994), Case Study Research: Design and Methods, Sage,
Thousand Oaks, CA,
81. Yukl, G. (2002), Leadership in Organizations, 5th ed., Prentice-Hall,
Englewood Cliffs, NJ,
82. Zaltman, G., Duncan, R., Holbek, J. (1973), Innovations and
Organizations, Wiley, New York, NY,
83. Zhou, J., Shalley, C.E. (2003), "Research on employee creativity: a
critical review and proposal for future research directions", in Martocchio,
J.J., Ferris, G.R. (Eds),Research in Personnel and Human Resource
Management, Elsevier, Oxford .